Monday, July 25, 2011

Hot Fun in The Summertime

I guess you could say that I've taken somewhat of a blogging sabbatical. The summer just got away with us. That's it. And, it indeed has been a lovely summer so far. Just how summer's should be. Relaxing (somewhat), hot, lots of yummy food, vacation, friends, all of the above. Really nice.
Here's a little of what we've been up to...

  • At least once a week we've been going to the Library. We don't want our brains to fry over the summer and not remember anything when fall comes around. My son has been on a Star Wars kick. He discovered he can read level 4 books and is very excited and proud of that fact! We were able to join and complete a summer reading program which was great motivation. I was able to read 1 book....but, it was a long one so, maybe it could count as 2.
  • We went on vacation! A 5 day tent camping trip. Cape Cod is only about an hour and a half away from where we live so, we decided what better (cheaper) way to visit the beach, than to camp. Camping with kiddos is a lot of work and preparation but, so worth it and so fun. I highly recommend. We were able to do some wonderful sightseeing, visited an aquarium, and of course the beach! We also were able to see some friends visiting family in the area, and that was a blast! They both grew up in that area and were able to take us to some local treasures...including a yummy seafood restaurant. I can never pass up seafood. We came home tanned, tired, and full of memories.
  • We've been visiting some different parks around the area with spray fountains and that has kept us cool and occupied.
  • We've been checking off our summer to do list. We were able to combine "having dessert for dinner" and "make banana splits" into one! This was K and A's first time having a banana split. I made them a little different than traditional but, they were still very delicious.
  • I missed the "Best Fireworks in the country" and I only live a mile away. Still regretting that one. I will spare you the details but, let's just say I'm sure watching them on tv qualifies as extremely pitiful when you live this close.
  • Lots of play dates. Though, it seems like the play dates have been rather heavy on the girly side. My poor son has kindly expressed his dislike and I promptly contacted a friend to set up a boy play date. Why do most of the ladies I know only have girls...or tiny boys?
  • I've discovered The Boston Public Garden. Why has it taken me two years to go to this place? It is gorgeousness in the middle of the city.
I think I will stop boring you know. I hope to resume (somewhat) regular blogging. I hope you have been having spectacular summers!

What has been the highlight of your summer so far?




*title taken from the song title "Hot Fun in the Summertime" by Sly and the Family Stone.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey G. glad to see you're having a good summer, I
guess we both had the same idea today, i hadn't posted in a while either.
have a great week!
Les