Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Blogging thoughts.

This morning at breakfast, my son said "Mom, remember when "A" was little and she used to have crazy bed head?" I nodded as I remembered my little 6 year old when she was a toddler, waking up out of bed with wild, bird nest-like hair.  I told them that I remembered a blog post I wrote about it and I would show it to them.  Showing them the bed head post lead to reading multiple other posts about and perusing pictures I've documented of vacations, family times, moments from school, etc...and you know what?  I was so filled with thankfulness that I had a place with all of these things preserved, and I missed blogging.  

Let me put it a different way.  I'm not so sure I miss the actual blogging but, I miss documenting the memories as regularly as I have in the past.  With a new little munchkin on the way, I'd at least like to find a way to capture some of these moments on here.  

Blogging is wonderful way to not just share memories with family and friends but, to preserve them for yourself as well. It was so fun to look back almost 6 years ago when I started this blog and see how the kids have grown, and even how I've grown.  After this morning I don't think I'll ever delete this blog.  A friend of mine turns her blog posts into books. I love that idea.

So, the point of this post was perhaps pointless to you but, has helped me realize that I want to continue documenting life on this blog. Even if it is sporadic at times.

No comments: