Friday, February 24, 2012

New Twist...

For almost 5 years now, I've blogged about my life and family and I'm so thankful for all of the memories that I've been able to talk about and freeze in time on this blog but, it's time for a change. Not a drastic change but, a little change. A twist, if you will.

For the last ten years or so, due mostly to my job before having children, I have become passionate about healthy living (naturally), and have incorporated some of the things I've learned into my family life and I want to start talking about it on this blog. Now, there are a lot of "healthy living" blogs out there and many of them I read and love. But, I am coming from a place that recognizes that our healthy choices are a journey, and it often takes baby steps to get there. I don't feel like I am extreme and I am by no means an expert but, I feel like some of the things I've learned and continue to learn (while living on a budget) can be useful. So...get ready for a little change of pace. Here are some of the things I plan on sharing:
  • How we (as a family) eat healthfully on a budget
  • taking baby steps to eating better
  • Issues I'm passionate about in the food industry, etc...
just to name a few. This IS NOT turning into a food blog. Now, I may share some of my own recipes and give links to others I use but, this will not be a food blog. I am not a food blogger and I take awful pictures. This will be the same blog with a little more of "me" and my thoughts on health, wellness and some causes I'm passionate about.
With that said, stay tuned for another post coming soon...

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm looking forward to reading your ideas on healthy living and eating! We're on again, off again on our healthy habits depending on how crazy life is at the moment, and I'd love to be more consistent! Ways to merge "healthy" with "quick and convenient" are what I need! :)

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit said...

I love this new approach! And you're right, it's all about the journey. I am by no means an expert either, and I don't try to be too hard on myself when it comes to my health, I just do what I think is right at that very moment and it all seems to work out just fine! Good luck with your new path of sharing your healthful journey!

Martha said...

I understand...I look forward to reading your upcoming blog posts!!! ♥