- Make 5 or 6 foil balls and place them in the bottom of your crockpot.
- Clean your chicken, pat it dry and rub it with every herb and spice in your cabinet (that's what I do, and I call it my own "spice blend.") Be creative, you can do it!
- Put chicken on top of foil in the crockpot.
- Cover and turn on high for 6 hours.
- Resist the temptation to open the lid.
- If it is a bigger chicken it will take longer than 6 hours. Mine took around 7 hours.
It's the epitomy of "set it and forget it." It tastes like a rotisserie chicken, honestly. I served it with garlic mashed red potatoes and steamed green beans. I even made a little gravy. (with cornstarch, of course.)
This is so quick and easy, and mighty delicious. Your tummy will thank you.
Now, head on over to The Gluten-Free Homemaker for some more great eats!