Monday, April 11, 2011

Toast, anyone?

I apologize for the recent absence. But, I'm back with a little product show-and-tell for you! Have you seen these? Let me tell you that they are my new best friends. They are called "Toast-it" and they are essentially a plastic-ish sort of bag that you can use to toast your bread.
Now, why would I need a bag to toast my bread? Well, if you've been following me for some time you might know that I have celiac disease. While I don't like to make a big deal about it, it can be tricky to not eat gluten with family members who do. Case in point, the toaster.

My husband has some sort of bread for breakfast almost everyday and to make a long story short, I can't put my bread in the same toaster as glutenous bread because there will not be a happy ending to the story, if you know what I mean. SO...I turn on the broiler in the oven and had been sticking my gf bread in there to toast it. And because I don't want to buy a separate toaster for myself.

Enter, my friend Dawn whose husband has Celiac and she told me about these bags. I had never heard of them so, the next time I saw her, she brought me a pack of them. (thanks, Dawn).
They are seriously great. I just stick my bread in the little baggie, pop it in the toaster and voila! Toast. It really does toast the bread, and the other cool thing about it is that the bread does not come out crumbly. Those of us who eat gf bread know that a lot of it does not have the greatest texture. These bags not only toast the bread but, they almost steam it so it comes out toasted and soft. Seriously.

Ok, now you all think I'm nuts but, I hope that my gluten-free friends will give these a try. Oh, and another plus? They are reusable. Just wipe them out and reuse. Nice.

Do you have a new favorite product? Do tell.



*this was not a paid review, not would I even call it a review. Toast-It has no idea I even use their product. The opinions expressed are my own. I was given the toast-it bags from a friend.

2 comments:

KT said...

oh my gosh...i will totally get these...because of kman's allergies, i have to toast his things in the oven too...thanks for sharing!!

G. said...

Hi KT! I hope you do try them, they are really great. Let me know if you do. So much easier than turning on the oven for a piece of bread. :)