Thursday, April 14, 2011

{In The City} Sofra

A friend of mine invited me to go with her to one of her favorite places, and I gladly accepted. Little did I know that it would become one of my favorite places I've been in this city so far.
First of all, I LOVE middle eastern food, especially Lebanese food,One of my absolute faves so, this place was right up my alley. The name of the place is Sofra. They serve Middle Eastern and Eastern Mediterranean food. One word....YUM.

I had some choices from the Meze bar. Meze is basically a selection of small dishes, or appetizers that they serve in the Middle East or Mediterranean for lunch, or dinner and in some regions, Meze is served at the beginning of a large meal. Many of them are dips.
A bonus for me was that all but 2 of the selections were free of gluten.
Here's what I chose...
From left to right: Smoky Eggplant with pine nuts, Whipped feta with red peppers, Parsnip Skordalia with toasted almonds, Moroccan Carrot Salad, and Beet Tzatziki. (*my favorite)

Instead of the usual flatbread that is served on the side, I had cucumbers and a type of radish. I'm not sure what they were called but, they were milder than your typical red radish.
Sofra also has a great selection of stuffed flat bread sandwiches, and delicious baked goods such as their chocolate hazelnut baklava, macaroons, and many more.

I also had a red rooibos latte, sweetened with honey, also very delicious. The place is tiny, and you are very close to your other dining neighbors and you may even meet someone new. We met the man sitting next to us who was from Lebanon.

So...if you live in the area be sure to check this place out. It's great to meet with friends or on a date. I can't wait to take my husband!

Where's your favorite place to eat, have coffee, or just hang out?

1 comment:

Monique said...

That food looks soooooo amazing! Yummy!

Monique xx

misszuman.blogspot.com