Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Best Friends?


I don't know about your kiddos but, mine do not always get along. I'm sure you are completely shocked by that statement, especially if you are looking at the photo below, right? Although they have their moments, like all siblings, there are also some very precious moments.
Yesterday, during his quiet time my son had filled a gift bag with some of his toys and books that he wanted to give to his sister. He is a very generous boy and loves to give. After their quiet time "K" presented the bag to her sister. She was so excited that her brother was sharing some of his favorites with her. Some time had passed and I overheard her from the dining room saying "K, I love YOU more than the gift." That was quite a notable moment for me. I must admit, I did get a little misty over that one. All of the rough moments just seemed to fade into the background. That will be one of those "remember when" moments when they get older for sure.

And lastly... I wouldn't trade being a mom for anything in the world.

1 comment:

Heather said...

this really blessed me! thank you for sharing!! Praying for you and your family!