Monday, August 2, 2010

Chocolate Stuffed French Toast!



I was watching the Cooking Channel the other evening and one of the Chef's was making something very similar to this and I decided to try it out...with delicious results!

I am so excited to share this recipe with you....
1. Because it's easy
2. Because it is delicious
Dieter's beware. This is not for the calorie watcher but, it is oh so delicious. It almost seems wrong to make this for breakfast but, you only live once...have no regrets!! You can even make it for dinner. It's so simple, here's what you'll need...

French Toast (your favorite recipe)
Chocolate chips
If you really want to go for it you can use Nutella instead of the chips.

Make your french toast. While still on the griddle or in the pan, top a few slices of the toast (make sure the egg is cooked) with approx. 1 tsp. or more of chocolate chips, or alternately spread with the nutella. Take another cooked piece of toast and put it on top of the one with the chocolate. Cook until chocolate is melted. Repeat with remaining slices.
That's it. That simple.
For an extra treat, top with whipped cream.
You could even throw some chopped pecans or almonds in with the chocolate!

*I use gluten-free brown rice bread to make mine. When I make the french toast I leave the bread in the egg mixture for a couple of minutes before cooking it. It allows the egg to soak into the thick bread, and with the chocolate, you'd never know it's gluten-free!




*photo credit:google images
text added by me.



3 comments:

louissa said...

i am SUCH an addict to breakfast for dinner -- especially sweet breakfast foods for dinner. i'm excited to try this!

Jenny said...

Oh, that looks SO yummy! I will definitely be trying that next time I make french toast!!

Marketing Gurl said...

This looks amazing! I love your blog!
I was gluten free for a while due to nursing a baby with allergies. I love this idea though!


www.dietandfitchick.blogspot.com