Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My Brother.

About 4 months ago, I went with my mom to visit my brother in Texas. This wasn't just an ordinary visit. It was a special one. My brother was being deployed to Afghanistan and we wanted to spend some time with him before he left. My mom was generous enough to purchase my flight there, otherwise I may not have been able to go. (thanks, mom!) I am just posting pictures now....well, because I'm me, and my middle name is "Procrastination" but, I'm getting better at it. Really, I am.

Here we all are, celebrating his birthday before he left.


Isn't he a cutie?
And...I can't forget my mom, who gave birth to both of us and doesn't even look old enough to have us! :) She's pretty cute, too!


I have to make it known that I am extrememly proud of my brother. He went to college on an ROTC scholarship and graduated Summa Cum Laude, he was commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant and is now a first Lieutenant. He has been serving our country in Afghanistan since July. I have talked to him a few times and cherish each time I do. He will be coming home for a week in January and we are looking forward to it, I know my mom definitely is! He's been through alot in his life and has always determined to turn the negatives into positives. I miss him very much and am praying for him and all of the other brave men and women serving our country, that they stay safe and be brought home soon!





1 comment:

Amanda @ notsoextraordinary said...

i have two brothers who are now retired from the navy... and i completely understand how proud you are of him :)