Thursday, June 12, 2008

Get up and Go!

So...I've decided I need to take some action and get a little more active than I have been. I mean, I exercise....sparatically...but nothing consistant. I realized that that needed to change. I've always been into eating healthy and staying in shape but, lately I've kind of been in a slump. So, I started rollerblading again. Well, today was my first day. It has been a good 5 or 6 years since I've strapped on the old blades. Before I was married and during the first few years of our marriage, I would blade 3-4 times a week for about 6-7 miles and I loved it. I was in good shape. I was hardly ever tired. Since having kiddos, I've tried walking, running, exercise videos, I even got that "core ball" thing that is now stuffed in some closet. I realized that rollerblading is what I really love. It is me. I like speed, I like to race around the track full speed ahead and get the job done. So, Kent and I have worked out a schedule for me to be able to get out there and do it...in the morning. That's the tough part for me because I am not a morning person...can I get an "amen!" This morning I got up at 6:30 and headed off to the nearby park on the lake. They have a great trail there that winds around a section of the lake. It's not that long but, I went around 4 times. I felt great. It was so peaceful and I even prayed as I skated. If I had a double jogger stroller, I might try it with the munchkins but, we don't so it's easier to go by myself. I'm thankful that my hubby doesn't start work until nine and the kids weren't even up when I got back. I feel good, and I'm not tired. I think this will help me alot. I'm excited to be doing something I love again. Why did I ever let it go? How silly of me. I'll keep you updated on my progress!

1 comment:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

AMEN! Another non-morning person here!

Isn't it awesome to find something fun, energizing, and good for us! The best part is that you get to do it on your own - the quiet it brings is priceless.

-Andrea