My very generous neighbor had given me some fresh pumpkin puree and I had been storing it in my freezer. I found this recipe in an old cookbook of mine. I thought it would put the pumpkin to good use. I have modified this slightly from the original version which calls for dates. 1 Cup chopped cranberries
1/4 Cup sugar (I use raw)
1 1/2 C. all-purpose flour
3/4 C. whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 C. brown sugar (I use raw for this, too.)
1/2 C. orange juice
1/3 C. oil
1 C. pumpkin puree
2 tsp. grated orange rind
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. grease your 9 inch bread pan.
2. In a small bowl toss the cranberries and 1/4 c. sugar and set aside.
3. In a large bowl stir together the flours, baking powder and soda, and the salt.
4. In another bowl, beat the eggs; (I use a whisk for this) stir in the brown or raw sugar, orange juice, and oil. Add the pumpkin and orange rind and stir until combined.
5. Stir the liquid ingredients into the dry until just combined. Pour into pan; bake 55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
*If you like nuts, you can add those in too.