Friday, November 9, 2007

Good Food Friday.

Time for another recipe. Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip cookies. Don't let the name fool you. These are delicious and if you are new to using whole wheat, try white whole wheat. It has the same nutritional value as whole wheat only lighter in color and milder in taste. It's not bleached or enriched, just a different type of wheat. Anyway, I've made these a few times and we love them. Give them a try and let me know what you think.
Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 1/4 C. raw or turbinado sugar
1 C. butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
2 C. Whole Wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 pkg. (12 oz.) chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Mix sugar, butter, vanilla, and egg in a large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 8-10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.
*You can also add 1 Cup of chopped nuts with the chocolate chips if you'd like.

3 comments:

Courtney @ splashing grace said...

Hi G., I'm a friend of Michelle's and my husband is in WINGS w/yours. Anyway - I just wanted to tell you I saw your post the other night (the one that's missing now) I'm not sure why you took it down - but I wanted to make sure you knew that God used it to really speak to me... I needed that, thanks :) Hope to meet you someday. (hope that's not too weird!)

Anonymous said...

Great picture G! Makes me wish I were there and could see where it takes me.
Jen

The Growing Goodsons said...

I made these cookies tonight....
VERY GOOD! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I love when people post recipes espeically if they are healthy like yours are!