Thursday, November 8, 2007

Quotetastic...

I love quotes. Funny, serious, random...I enjoy them all. For your reading enjoyment and maybe a little enlightenment, the following are some I've found recently...


Go through your phone book, call people and ask them to drive you to the airport. The ones who will drive you are your true friends. The rest aren't bad people; they're just acquaintances.
-Jay Leno

Failures are finger posts on the road to achievement.
-C. S. Lewis

If we discover a desire within us that nothing in this world can satisfy, also we should begin to wonder if perhaps we were created for another world.
-C. S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

I merely took the energy it takes to pout and wrote some blues.
-Duke Ellington

The will of God is never exactly what you expect it to be. It may seem to be much worse, but in the end it's going to be a lot better and a lot bigger.
-Elisabeth Elliot Gateway to Joy

We must quit bending the Word to suit our situation. It is we who must be bent to that Word, our necks that must bow under the yoke.
-Elisabeth Elliot

*quotes found on quotationpages.com and dailychristianquote.com

1 comment:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

I love quotes!

I used to have a quote book that I added to all the time.

... saying that out loud kinda makes me feel like a nerd.

-Andrea