Friday, October 5, 2007

Good Food Friday.

I almost forgot today was recipe day. I spent most of the day with my mom and I just got back. I only have a few minutes so, I'll post an easy one. This one is called "Poor Man's Caviar." I'm not sure why it's called that because for one, it doesn't look at all like caviar, and second, it definitely doesn't taste like it. But, it surely is delicious! Try this for a party or get-together or, just for your family, it's easy and really good.

Poor Man's Caviar
2 Lg. avocados, peeled, pitted, and chopped
3 plum tomatoes, chopped
1 bunch green onions/scallions, chopped
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained (14.5 oz.)
1 1/4 C. fresh or frozen corn (thawed)
1/4 C. red wine vinegar
1/4 C. olive oil
1. Stir together avocados, tomatoes, onions, beans, and corn.
Stir in vinegar and oil. Cover and chill 1 hour.
Serve with tortilla chips as a dip or is really great
as a side dish salad.
Happy Eating! Have a great weekend!

No comments: