Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Our day...

We had a full day today! To start, we had breakfast then, headed off to the Grand Opening of a "Peebles" near us. I tried as hard as I could to get there by 9am so I could be one of the first 150 customers to get a free cookbook...no such luck. I arrived at 9:05 and by the looks of the store, I was customer 300 or so. It was a madhouse- and the store was small. There I was with my huge double-stroller excusing my way through the mobs of people sorting through overpriced clothing and accessories. Needless to say, I was not impressed. I had never heard of Peebles before this but, in short it is a smaller version of Kohls but, much much smaller. After that we headed to Tim Horton's for coffee (for me) and some PLAIN timbits for the kids. For those of you who don't know what a timbit is...it is a little donut ball. I am not exactly a donut fan and I don't usually feed them to my kids but, I picked out the plain, unglazed ones and they didn't even care! Hey, you've gotta splurge once in a while, right? Then, I decided we would go to the playground and let them run off a little steam but...Ava was a little stinky and I had forgotten a diaper so, we drove home much to Kole's dismay. After I changed Ava's diaper, we played outside for a while drawing with sidewalk chalk, playing on the swingset, and chatting with our neighbor (whom the kids adore!). Kole calls her Mrs. Namb but her name is Mrs. Lamb. :) We ate our lunch outside at the picnic table because it was a beautiful day, then we did more playing, ava took a nap and Kole and I made muffins from a great recipe Mrs. Namb gave us. Now, they are both napping and I, obviously, am blogging, or rambling rather. Our day isn't even over yet and I am pretty much exausted. Just to let you know, I still have blog envy. :) I have been reading alot of awesome blogs lately. I think blogging is a gift. One I have yet to receive. :) Tomorrow I have decided to share some recipes with you to maybe spice this blog up a bit! Hope you are all having a great day!

2 comments:

The Growing Goodsons said...

just want you to know I enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your recipes tomorrow. I love trying new recipes

bethany said...

I enjoy reading your blog, too! And it sure sounds like you had a busy (yet fun) day. :)