Sunday, September 9, 2007

We'll Miss You Rich!


For those of you who didn't know; my stepfather Rich was diagnosed with Stage 4 Brain Cancer about a year ago. It has been a difficult year for him, my mother and the family. My mother had stopped working to take care of him full time and did a tremendous job! Last week my step-father was sent to a Hospice Care facility because he was no longer able to stay at home due to his condition worsening at a very fast pace. I went to visit him on Monday of last week and we were told that he would probably only be alive for another 24 hours. With "fight" in him, he hung on for about 72 hours and This friday morning Seprtember 7th, went home to be with The Lord. He had come to know The Lord about 3 years ago. We will miss him dearly but, know He is in The arms of The Lord as we speak. My kids knew him as "Dappa" and loved him greatly! Above is a picture of him with a newborn Ava. He will surely be missed.


2 comments:

Circular Logic said...

I'm so sorry for your loss!

Mom said...

Gina.

Thank you for the beautiful tribute to Rich. Your words brought me to tears. I love you very much! Mom