Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Hello There!

Howdy, strangers! How's life? Well...we moved. We have been buys packing and unpacking and prepping for school, and lots of other things. We only moved about 10 minutes away from our previous place to a different apartment, a less expensive apartment, and it has one extra bedroom, which we will be temporarily using as an office.

I'm hoping to get back into the blogging groove but, we will see. Because of the move, I decided not to start school with the kids until next Monday. Most of my school things are still packed in boxes. Tonight, as a family project, we will be unpacking the boxes and setting up our bookshelf. Once that happens, I will feel much better and a little more prepared.

I was very overwhelmed for a little while because of this move. Even though we didn't move far this time, it was still very stressful. When we moved to this city 2 years ago, my husband had taken 3 weeks off and we were able to just move and unpack and go slow but, when you are already in the midst of life and have many things going on that you have to maintain...and move, it can be quite stressful, at least for me. I like to go at my own pace, which tends to be slow in comparison to others but, life just isn't always like that. We are unpacking and getting settled as much as we can and once we get it all fixed up, I will show you pictures!
Oh, and this new place (I call it an apartment because we rent but, it's really the downstairs of a house laid out like an apartment) has a fenced in backyard and a porch, which I'm very excited about. The kids have been playing in the yard and I can just give a peek out the window to check on them, so I've been able to do some unpacking.

If today was your kids first day of school, hope it was a great one! I'll be updating again soon.

3 comments:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

I'm happy for you guys! Fenced in yards for kids is a beautiful thing for mothers :)

Have fun getting ready for school!

Jenny said...

Has it really been 2 years?!?!

And yes, backyards are wonderful things! It's good to "see" you again!

G. said...

Thanks Andrea! And I agree that back yards are a good thing for moms. :)
Jenny- Yes, it has been 2 years! It seems to have flown by. :)