Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Princess Party!

So, my little girl turned 5. Yes, I did shed a few tears but, I'm over it now. K had his first "friend" party at age 5 so, naturally we did the same with A because we don't do big parties every year. She wanted a Princess party so, I obliged.
I feel like I need to apologize for these pictures, they are extremely candid and not that great but, they are memories captured. :)
We asked the girls to come dressed in their fancy clothes!
When the girls arrived, they made their own tiaras. I found a tiara template online and cut them out of yellow poster board. I put out glitter glue and sequins and let them go at it.
Then, they decorated their own cupcakes. Chocolate cupcakes with fresh whipped cream (A's choice).
We also played "stick the crown on the frog" for which there are no pictures, sadly.
I loved the look on her face when we were singing "Happy Birthday" to her!
oops! Out of order.
Reaching for the cupcake toppings. We had gummy bears, mini chocolate chips, various colored sprinkles, and slivered almonds, all A's choices. It was sugar overload but, you gotta live it up at least once a year, right? :)
(You can sort of see the frog behind A on the left. I made it out of green and white poster board.)
I also purchased plastic wine glasses from the dollar tree and used them for the ice cream.
A lot of the girls ended up "sprinkling" their ice cream, too!
I wish I had before pictures of the decorations. I had big, pink bows on the birthday girls seat and at each place setting was a fancy glass and pretty necklace. I got all of my decorations at the Dollar Tree! We also played musical statues, where I played music and the girls danced, and when the music stopped they had to freeze like a statue. I guess you could also call it Freeze Dance. We had a blast. Most importantly, A had fun. She said it was her best day ever!
All in all we had 11 kids and 7 adults. It wasn't too bad. I wasn't sure how it would go in such a small space but, we pulled it off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow what a hot girl! I lay her across that table open her legs and give her first birthday girl sex mommy u can watch and cheer her on!