Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Birthday!

Sunday, June 6 was my birthday. When it comes to birthdays it's kind of a love/hate relationship with me. I love the celebration that goes along with birthdays but I hate the inevitable which is obviously getting older. Anyway, this was my 32nd.
Here's some of the highlights.
Friday night was our weekly family night and we did the Limbo!
The kids love it! We play tropical music and see "how low we can go."
This is me wearing the birthday crown my son made me out of
his construx set.
My son has a hard time
smiling nicely for a picture. Believe it or not, this was one of our
best takes. :)
My husband asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday...
I requested that I not have to make my own birthday dinner.
I wasn't pushy about it, just giving him an idea. :)
I didn't think it was too much to ask.
Cooking is not his favorite thing to do but he did a great job.
We had grilled swordfish, a mozzarella-tomato salad and grilled asparagus. It was delicious! My husband (in my opinion) is an expert on the grill.
We had a great weekend, and my family made me feel very special, which made getting older
not feel so bad.

No comments: