Monday, February 22, 2010

It's Gone...

"K's" first tooth that is. That thing has been loose for at least two weeks. He wiggled and wiggled it, and kept saying "I think it will come out tomorrow." Tomorrow came and the tooth was still in tact.
Finally, one afternoon I was in the living room and all of a sudden I heard "K" say, "Hey mom, look!" Lo and behold, the tooth had escaped! So, I asked him "what happens now?" He replied "you pretend to be the tooth fairy and leave a present under my pillow!" Oh really? We had never really talked about the whole tooth fairy thing. He's a pretty quick little guy. Not much gets passed him. So, I pretended to be the tooth fairy. I put a dollar and a stick of gum in an envelope under his pillow.
The next morning, he was excited to find his present. Wait, it gets better...He was chewing his gum while watching a show and he called my name. I looked over and...his gum was stuck not only in his hair but, his eyebrows and eyelashes. Yes, his eyelashes.
I so wish that I would've thought to take a picture because it looked hilarious. It wasn't too hilarious for him though, him because he got grounded from having gum for a LONG time. :) After asking for advice on facebook, I opted to not use the peanut butter like everyone suggested. Something about putting peanut butter on his eyes did not sound like a good idea to me. So, I tried baby oil. Worked like a charm. Anyway....his tooth is out and he is anxiously awaiting the next one to fall out. Next time, I will leave a note for the tooth fairy asking her kindly to not leave gum. :)


2 comments:

Jenny said...

How exciting for K! My boys are always excited to lose a tooth as well.

I hear you on the gum...I haven't allowed gum here for at least the past year or so. I got so tired of finding it stuck to stuff!

Courtney @ splashing grace said...

congrats to K on his first lost tooth!