Since finding out that I have Celiac Disease right before Christmas, it has been quite a challenge to say the least. I feel like I've been handling it pretty well for the most part. One of the hardest things is that I'm used to making everything from scratch...with whole wheat. I'm determined to do that again, very soon. Here is a list of some latest discoveries since my new involuntary diet change. :)
1. I miss real bread and pizza.
2. I've been eating a lot of oranges.
3. People look at you funny when you decline a cookie.
4. People ask a lot of questions.
5. There's a lot of really great-tasting gluten-free food available.
6. There's a lot of really awful-tasting gluten-free food available.
7. I've determined that I will bake from scratch again.
8. Many Many things contain gluten, even if it doesn't say "gluten" right on the label. It's like this crazy code or something.
9. I've been a label-reading fanatic...even more so than I was before.
10. I've received a lot of help and advice from friends.
And last but certainly not least....
I'M FEELING BETTER AND HAVE SOME ENERGY AGAIN!! Who would've known? And it's only the beginning. I'm determined to be completely symptom-free very soon.