Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Big Move: Weeks 2 &3 (in bullets)

  • Week 2 completely flew by without so much as an acknowledgement on this blog. How careless of me. I am sitting here with a monstrous headache, trying to recount all of the important details for you all. Sorry to say that nothing too exciting has happened around here. Just life. But, then again, life is pretty exciting in itself.
  • Our basement is still filled with unpacked boxes but, most of the things I need are unpacked. I don't seem to be missing anything right at the moment, so as long as I'm not, those boxes will probably stay right where they are.
  • My goal date to start Homeschool with K is September 28th, which is next Monday. I set a date because I didn't want to get here and jump right in and I also didn't want to get sidetracked by anything else so, Monday is the big day! We are very excited. I love the curriculum and am looking forward to learning right along with him. My only question is, what to do with my 3 year old?
  • Central Square (the area we live in) is full of diversity. I love it. Last week Kent and I took the kiddos out on our monthly "date". Kent had K, and I had A. We walked to our destinations and it was a lot of fun. Kent and K ended up going to Starbucks and made a stop at a used bookstore to pick up a copy of "Call of the Wild", for their next reading adventure. A and I walked to a little bakery and had some hot cider and a big fat cookie. They really seem to enjoy living here. They love walking around the city. Well, sometimes it's running and shouting...they love the energy...something they can relate to. :)
  • We've already had overnight guests for the first time and it was a lot of fun, and they fit perfectly in the kids bedroom, and K &A bunked in our room. Tomorrow evening we are having a dinner guest and I'm looking forward to that.
  • Hopefully soon, I will get past just typing updates and get to some real posts. Right now I'm in the process of getting my own laptop so, there may be more frequent posts when that happens. Don't get me wrong, I love sharing a computer with my husband (most of the time) but, it will be nice to have my own. Can't wait!

No comments: