Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day!


In years past, I've let Earth Day go by and not even know it. This year I decided not to do that. I thought it would be a good opportunity to educate my kids about The earth that God created. There is so much media attention given to saving the earth, etc...but there is nothing said about the one who created our earth. That's why I love being involved in my kids learning process. I can educate them about stuff that gets left out of what they might see or hear elsewhere. Anyway, I wanted to give you a link of some fun earth day ideas and crafts to do with your kiddos. Today is pretty dreary here so, we'll probably be spending a lot of time inside and when boredom ensues....watch out. Kaboose has a whole page dedicated to Earth Day Stuff so, go on over and check it out. Also, I'd like to ask you to share what you do to teach your children about taking care of God's creation (eg. recycling ideas, fun projects, etc.) If I get enough responses, maybe I'll post them in the future!


One thing that I do is teach my kids to reuse things like, empty oatmeal containers, or using different things we would normally throw away for crafts, like toilet paper or paper towel rolls. Also, we use refillable water bottles.
*For a Great Earth Day giveaway, go to My Sentiment Exactlee! She's giving away a basket of Kiss my Face skin products!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Thanks for posting the Earth Day craft site! I'll be using... on more than just Earth Day!

Anonymous said...

Oi. Parabéns pelo excelente blog. Gostaria de lhe convidar para visitar meu blog e conhecer alguma coisa sobre o Brasil. Abração

Tabitha Blue said...

So great... and I love that you're teaching about the Creator in the midst of it all... He too often gets left out.

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com