Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanks, Lord.

I can't believe it's been 5 days since I last posted. Time flies. So....we've been a bit busy around here, nothing new. Last night, our Life Group (like a small group) went to the Volunteers of America Shelter in the city and held a party for everyone there. It was called "Everybody's Birthday." We found out about it through a friend and thought it would be great to get involved. I had so much fun! We brought 6 dozen cupcakes, 2 gallons of ice cream, balloons, games, candy, etc...
The kids had alot of fun and I think I had just as much fun as they did. It always makes me feel so great to do something for someone who is in a different situation than I am. Especially around Thanksgiving, it puts me in a reflective mood and helps me to think about what I have, which could be way more than someone else has, or way less than another, either way...I am thankful. When I say "what I have", I am not simply talking about material possessions. In fact, alot of the things I am most Thankful for are not material at all. My family tops the thankfulness list, and they are priceless. I've been thinking alot about "Giving Thanks." We always talk about Thanksgiving and being thankful for things but, who are we thanking? When you see those happy little families on tv having their Thanksgiving feast and they go around the table saying what they are each thankful for, or in magazines, or any media for that matter, they all say "let's remember to "give thanks"...who are they thanking? They never say it. Are they just being thankful because the day is set aside to do so or do they realize that The Lord is the giver of all of our blessings and they have a general attitude of gratitude towards Him for everything that they have because after all, it's not really ours to begin with. So...I just want to get it out there and say... I am Thankful to The Lord for all things, and not just because it's the "season of Thankfulness."
Thanks for listening er..reading that thought. It's been in my brain all day, I just had to get it out of there.
Moving on...For Thanksgiving, we are visiting Kent's family in Pennsylvania. We will be leaving tomorrow so, I probably won't get a chance to blog until I return. We plan on Having Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday afternoon at Kent's sisters home. We will then go that evening to her in-laws. On Friday we will drive a short distance to visit Kent's grandmother and other family we haven't seen in a couple of years. It will be fun! I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving!
So tell me, what are your plans for the big day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so true - you hit that nail right on!!
It sounds like you will have a nice Thanksgiving - I hope and pray you have good traveling!!
Enjoy!!