Friday, February 1, 2008

Ratatouille Pizza!

Due to some popular demand (namely, Tara) I've decided to post the Ratatouille pizza recipe. Because she was nice enough to say please and because she is just plain sweet...here it is!
By the way, my kids loved this and I don't even think they knew there was eggplant and zucchini in it because the veggies are cut so small! :)
Rataouille Pizza
Your favorite pizza dough
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 C. diced, peeled eggplant
2 C. diced, peeled zucchini
3 medium tomatoes, chopped (2 1/4 C.) *I like plum tomatoes
1 medium onion, cut in half lengthwise then cut in thin slices
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil or 1 1/2 tsp. dried
1/4-1/2 tsp. sea salt or to taste
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (*optional)
1 1/2 C. shredded mozzarella cheese
3/4 C. your fave pizza sauce (more or less depending on preference)
Heat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare your pizza dough on a greased pan. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet and add remaining ingredients except cheese and sauce and cook about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
Spread sauce over pizza crust. Spoon vegetable mixture on top. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake about 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is done to your liking.
*For a special touch, if using fresh basil, you can sprinkle some on the top of the cheese before baking, if you'd like!
Make sure you taste the veggie filling and see if the spices are to your liking. Adjust accordingly. This recipe is pretty simple. You could probably use a variety of different veggies in this. Have fun and Enjoy!

3 comments:

bethany said...

Mmmm, sounds good! I want to try this. :)

Tracy said...

Yay! I was hoping you would post this one too (I voted for it after all, hehe). I'm definitely going to try it. :-D

The Growing Goodsons said...

Yay! Thanks for posting this recipe too, I can't wait to try it, but I don't have all the ingrediants so I'm going to have to wait till next shopping trip. I did make the Shepards Pie the other day and it was a hit! Thanks again!

Tarah