Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Some more of my favorites...

Yesterday, I posted about some of my favorite things. Today, I will post about 2 of my favorite little people- my kids.
They are growing sooo fast. I can still vividly remember the days each of them were born. I was so excited to have a little boy first. Deep in my heart I always wanted to have a boy first so, he could be the big, protective brother to the others. When we found out that we were having a girl next, I was thrilled. I had dreams of ponytails and dolls and dress up. My dreams are now coming true as A loves to put on her princess crown and twirl around to the music.

K loves to read. At naptime and bedtime he will bring me book after book to read to him. We usually cut it off after 2 or 3 depending on the length. Sometimes, I will catch him in random acts of kindness with his sister. The other day, they were both in his room and she was sitting next to him and he was "reading" to her. No, he doesn't actually read yet but, he does know his favorite stories by heart. It's reading to him. He also likes to help his sister take off her shoes and coat after coming in from outside...it's really sweet. He also loves to pray for her and sing to her before bed. He loves to help me bake. He's really good at using the electric mixer! He loves to pretend he's a dinosaur or a super-hero or a daddy when he plays "house" with his sister. He loves music. He always has a song is his heart and is eager to share it. He hums when he eats. :) He's very inquisitive and asks questions about God, life, and just about everything. He makes me smile with his silly antics. He's compassionate and caring. He loves movies and popcorn and is very quick to remind me when it's snack time. He always eats his veggies first and usually leaves the meat for last. We tell him he will grow to be a mighty warrior and worshiper of God...he loves to hear it.

A is a bundle of joy. Her name means filled with life, and that she is. She wakes up in the morning with a smile on her face and a giggle that warms my heart. She's always ready to go and loves to be busy. She's a cuddle-bug, always coming to get hugs or kisses. She's learning to share with her brother. She does whatever her big brother does. (which could be good or bad depending on what it is.) She loves to dance and sing. When we get in the car, she always asks for a certain song and then starts dancing to it. She is my picky eater and lets me know when she doesn't like something. All baked goods are "muffin" to her. She loves Clifford, Winnie the Pooh and Elmo. She loves to sing the "winnie the pooh" song. Her blankie is her best friend, she can't and won't sleep without it. She loves people. At first she is timid but, warms up quickly. She likes to be where the action is (like her daddy). She likes to "wash" the "dishas" as she calls them. Really, it's just playing in the water but, it makes her happy! She has the craziest hair in the world. I can wet it down and comb it and 5 minutes later it's crazy again. It actually doesn't bother me too much, it gives her character. We tell her that she is filled with the light of Jesus and others will be drawn to that. She doesn't understand quite yet. :)

I love my children. Though we have our days of tantrums and fits, The Lord reminds me daily of the tremendous gift they are to me. God has made them both so unique and wonderful in their own ways and I wouldn't want them any other way. I'm so blessed to have the privelege of investing in these little lives that we believe will grow to be world-changers.
Thanks for letting me gush a little. :)

1 comment:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

My mom tells me all the time how great your kids are... and I can tell they are from your posts.

I am glad you gushed, besides it being totally valid it makes me feel better since I gush all the time about mine over at our blog.

What a great picture of the two of them!

-Andrea