Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Moved In...and Resting.

We moved this week. Actually, this past weekend. Just to a different apartment. It is really a long story and better left told in person but, we are 5 minutes up the street from our previous place.
Having moved 3 times in the past 3 years, we've sort of become "pros" at packing and unpacking, although this time was slightly different for me being about 7 months pregnant.
God has been showing me in little ways that I need to rest and that my body is not in it's usual form. (literally and figuratively) :)  With about 6 1/2 years in between my last pregnancy and this one, it is very obvious in many ways that I am getting older and not able to do many of the things I could do when I was only 27 and pregnant.
I talked with my mom this morning. She will often call me on her way to work and we chat for a few moments uninterrupted.  I quite like those morning chats. They are short but sweet.  My mom offered me a few words of advice this morning that were very timely.  She said that at times she has learned the hard way that you need to take times to rest your body, and even admitted that she had not always been the best example of that. She also reminded me that the rest isn't just for me but, for the baby and the others in my family.  I like how God can still use our moms to give us a little kick when we need it.
I know that she is right.
It is not that I don't rest, because I do.  It's just this time of our life where we have just moved, are getting ready to start school and unpacking and getting things ready for baby, I have felt that if I take it too slow that I will have more work to do in the long run.
Yesterday, my back started hurting. Lesson learned.  My husband graciously told me. "Take it easy. If you rest today, you will be better for tomorrow.'  Such wisdom in that man.
So that is what I'm doing and why I actually have a moment to blog.  So, today I will do what I can. Know my limits and pay attention to them, and not be concerned about what comes tomorrow, and know that TRUE rest comes from Him.
Maybe this will encourage someone else today.

Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you.  Let me teach you, because I am humble and gently at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light"
Matthew 11:28-30

No comments: