Friday, February 18, 2011

My Homeschool Journal...


The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week... busy, busy. Had my wisdom teeth pulled yesterday so, trying to recuperate.

In our homeschool this week... I'm not sure if I'm supposed to put everything we are learning but, I'll tell a few things. In Kindergarten we've been learning about the Water Cycle and the differences between liquids, solids and gases. She has also been learning to write the letter "W." In first grade we have been doing fractions in math and in our reading and phonics we've been learning that o sometimes says aw and kn says n. He has also been reading the story of Moses and memorizing Proverbs 3:5.


Places we're going and people we're seeing... Today was my husband's day off so he took the kids outside to enjoy this beautiful day and my son got to ride his new bike he just got for his birthday...he was so excited.
Tonight, a friend of mine is performing in an A Cappella concert and I'll be going to that, and tomorrow I get to meet up with a friend for coffee. Fun stuff planned. :)

My favorite thing this week was... Valentine's day and the weather. Can't beat it!

What's working/not working for us... I've been playing around with our schedules a bit. It's been difficult for us to find a rhythm this year. I feel I lack organization in certain areas and have been dropping the ball with things that are important.

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have... Hmm...where to start? I would love some advice on schooling 2 children at the same time, I'm really struggling with that.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share...
my son on his birthday with his new bike!


I'm linked up with The Homeschool Chick today...go check it out!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: