A view of the Boston Harbor
- It's 8:30 in the morning here and it's 73 degrees out. I'm sitting outside on the back steps, watching my children "paint" the side of our duplex. There's a lot on my mind today, lots to do. Tonight we are hosting a party for our church community. New students coming, some going, celebrating the fall season that is quickly upon us. In my opinion, I don't think we always need a reason to celebrate. Life is reason enough.
- I'm planning on making Gluten-Free Lemon cupcakes with lemon frosting. Oh, and they will be dairy free as well. There are a few people with lactose intolerance so, I try to make things safe for all to eat, although at times it can be tricky.
- The house needs tidying a bit. Balls of dust have gathered in the corners of the dining room and are begging to be set free. Housework has not been on the top of my list lately. We have people coming and going all of the time so, most of the time I'm just upkeeping. Not much deep cleaning has happened in...well, a while.
- The weather has been in the 90's here the last couple of days. On Tuesday I took the kids to the nearby park to play in the spray. I joined them. It was fun.
- Next Thursday will be our official back-to-school day! It seems that lots of other homeschooling families have already started but, I like to start in September. It seems more official to me. :) I'm also finishing up a small stack of paperwork for the school district. It's not a lot but, it needs to be done. This is the first year I have to report to the district.
- Tomorrow, we take a trip to Salem, NH to visit the Super Walmart. It's 45 minutes away, so we only go every couple of months or so. We are in need of school supplies and basic necessities that we can get at better prices there than anywhere here in the city. It's worth the trip.
- In the process of planning for the class I will teach this year in our Homeschool Co-op. Another woman and I are teaching arts and crafts to 4th and 5th grade girls. It should be fun. The other night we planned and picked out the projects we are going to do. Lots of fun is in store.
Do you have any plans to end out your summer?