Tuesday, March 24, 2009

In The Wee Morning Hours Part 2!

My husband is out of town until Thursday, and when that happens I often stay up late and fall asleep on the sofa. Last night was one of those nights when suddenly, I woke up to a strange noise coming from back in one of the kid's rooms. I looked at the clock on the microwave and it read "2:14am". I started to wonder what it was so, I got up and started to walk back to the rooms. I looked down and there was "A" sitting on the floor in the hallway reading books. I stooped down, looked at her and said...honey, what are you doing up? It's still night time. Her reply was "I had a good night sleep and dreams, mommy." I said to her "you need to go back to bed honey, you're not done sleeping yet." yeah right. In her mind, she was done sleeping. So, I did a brave deed...I let her sleep with me. Remember what happened last time? Well, it was nearly repeated but, not quite as cute. :) I thought this time would be different but, it was not. I haven't been sleeping well as it is but, it was late (or early) and I didn't want to put her back in her bed and deal with her crying and waking her brother up. In other words I did it out of desperation. Needless to say, I will not be having her sleep with me again anytime soon. Unless of course, I'm up for involuntary slaps on my head and feet on my stomach! :)

1 comment:

Circular Logic said...

I know this story probably isn't as cute for you as it is for your readers! I guess I have this to look forward to in just a couple years! (By the way, I started a blog about my pregnancy: blueberryfilkins.blogspot.com.) If you have any suggestions, I'm more than willing to listen! I don't mind advice from a great mom like yourself! (It's the unsolicited advice from prying family members that I can't stand!!)