Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My Little Nature Lovers

Rev 4:11 "Our Lord and God! You are worthy to receive glory, honor, and power. For you created all things, and by your will they were given existence and life."

Yesterday was a rainy and chilly day here in Central New York. The rain and cold unfortunately kept us indoors which usually equals frustrated, crabby, and disobedient kids. Which in turn equals a frustrated and crabby mommy. Although we did a ton of crafts and played games and listened to music and everything else I could think of; nothing compared to being outside. They love it out there, as do I. So, today was a different story. We woke up to a beautiful, fall-like day, the sun was shining and the air was brisk...a perfect day to go outside. The kids had on long pants and their little hoodies and out we went. K and I were playing catch with the football in the yard and A was playing on the swings. I looked over to check on A and I saw her hugging a tree. I kept watching her to see what she was doing and I heard her say in a sweet little voice to the tree..."I love you." I walked over and asked her what she was doing and she just looked up at me with her sweet little face and smiled. She must have wanted the tree to know she loved it. You wouldn't have known by the way she was picking the bark off of it before that. :)
Later, We had a snack at the picnic table and when K was through, he went down into the yard. A minute later I looked down and he was lying on the ground. I called down and asked him if he was OK. He said "I'm Ok, I'm just laying down looking at the sky and the clouds...Look, that one looks like a giant." I'm so thankful that my children can enjoy all that God has created. It's like pulling teeth to get them to come inside. Let's hope the snow holds off until at least November, this year. I'm not getting my hopes up. :)



*NOTE: I've added a new feature to my blog that I think is really cool (Thanks, Glam Housewife) If you follow my blog, it would be cool to know who you are so I can follow yours as well. So, all you have to do is go to my sidebar and click where it says follow this blog and I'll have links to your blogs. Cool, right? It's a great way for me to know who's reading. Thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I love days like this where you can be outside!! It is so refreshing!!