Wednesday, July 2, 2008

One of those days.

My brain is fried right now and honestly the only reason I'm blogging is because I realized it's been about 4 days already and I'm due to post something. I know, I have a bad attitude. I'm having "one of those days" again. You know, the ones where you're just in a bad mood but, you don't really know why. It's the only time in my life where I wish I was a man. The only time. (if you catch my drift). Other than that, I'm perfectly happy being a woman. I'm sure all of you women out there can relate. There are times when I need to be extra deliberate about asking the Lord to help me have self-control with my attitude because when mom's not happy...noboby is. I feel like as a mom, I set the tone of the home. If I'm crabby, everyone notices and makes them feel uncomfortable. Not that I can never have a bad day or be a little crabby, I just don't want to take it out on everyone. And, I admit at times it is difficult and I have let my emotions get the best of me, but I'm so encouraged by the fact that God's mercies are new every morning. I wake up each morning and receive the grace that is available to me to face whatever comes my way during the day...even if it's that I just wake up on the wrong side of the bed. It's great because, there are times when I feel myself getting frustrated over something and I'll stop and ask The Lord to give me grace right then and there. I mean, it's really already there, I just pretty much take ahold of it and it's as if I can just feel myself calming down. It's great. God is good. So be encouraged, you don't have to feel like you're out of control when it's that time of the month, or even if it's not because as a mom, I know there are lots of days when our tempers can easily flare up and we can become frustrated and impatient. Grab ahold of the grace that God has made available for you today, only He can help you overcome whatever you may be dealing with. :)

1 comment:

Circular Logic said...

I have recently come to terms with the fact that I get PMS as well. In the past I didn't really realize it, but the last couple of months I've actually felt this awful mood just take hold of my body. We'll see what next month brings...