Thursday, January 17, 2008

love it to pieces.

The title is the name of my teeny little jewelry biz. I've been making jewelry for awhile now. I started when I was 18 but, then other things in life happened and I just sort of stopped. I got rid of all of my supplies and thought I wouldn't have a chance to do it again. About a year ago, I decided I really needed some sort of hobby so, that's when I decided to pick it up again. To make a long story short, I am now selling some of my stuff at a friends salon and I'm really grateful to her for affording me this opportunity for me to display stuff in her shop. I really love it. I'm not really interested in it being "big-time" or anything, I just enjoy doing it. But, I've sold quite a few pieces so, I think others like it too which is a plus! I'm happy with it being small because I don't want it to take away from the most important thing which is my family. Right now, I can pretty much work on stuff in the evenings here and there. If it ever gets to the point where it is becoming stressful, I don't think I would continue. I always want it to be fun and a hobby first but, If I can make a little extra money at it, why not? Here's a picture of one of my sets. It's not the greatest picture but, it gives you a little idea of the kind of stuff I do. Just so you know, this isn't a "plug" for myself of any kind, just a little part of my life I thought I'd share. :)

2 comments:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

I love your style of jewelry! I am wearing my earrings right now and totally love them. Okay, so I wear them all the time... I just can't help myself :) It's a good thing I don't live near you - I would have to actually buy a jewelry box!

So glad that you are able to have a creative outlet. I think it is really important that as moms we have the opportunity to use our talents. And the extra money is awesome too!

-Andrea

KT said...

I LOVE YOUR JEWELRY!! I got my hair done at Gen's the other day and I wanted to buy all your jewelry. It was so beautiful! It is also a great hobby to have...and extra money is always good!